Monday 2 February 2015

hiyyaaaa


Hiyyaa Scrummy-Mummies!

Claire here, your trusty friendly neighbourhood spidey..... editor!  This is the place to come to for  your first instalment into all things behind the glossy cover of Scrummy Mummies!   I'm not entirely sure how frequent these will be.. this could be a flash in the pan, or potentially this could become a staple part of my new business-woman diet!

I have a few  reasons for starting this blog - its been on my to-do list for ages now..  I have kept diaries on and off for most of my life..   but yesterday I went to one of these tedious grey middle aged men in suits networking events...  The best parts of the day were meeting some lovely colourful ladies from Inspire ... Hi! <waves>  And a seminar on social networking: Time and time again 'blogging' was referred to.. So the bullet has been gnawed on and here we go!!

So what do you need to know about me? 

Well as far as being a Mummy - I'm pretty well qualified.  With a wonderful charming, humorous, witty articulate teenager (No?... I know.. wishful thinking!)  and with 3 little ginger people aged 4 and under, I have been on the rollercoaster ride called "Motherhood - The Early Years" on 4 occasions and I'm still here to tell the tale!  

What I can say is that each of my own 4 pregnancies has been very different and the labour/delivery of these little people into the world has been varied to say the least.     I'll make a list for you:

4 Children in...
3 different hospitals (All in NE) with
2 Special care babies
1 emergency ambulance blue light trip
1 water birth
1 distressed baby who pooed up a storm and came out green!!
1 overdue induction
1 forceps/ventouse/nightmare


So I suppose what you, dear reader can gain from this whether this is your first or eighth baby,  that rollercoaster can take you off into all sorts of sometimes scary, other times exhilarating places!


** Just for the record, at this precise moment in time I have 2 'babies' at school and my littlest 2 are having a nap ...right now.. AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!   (This never happens!)  

Right, quick..  what shall I do?
  • Have a bath?
  • Get the ironing pile down to an acceptable size?
  • Pack some boxes (Moving in 2 weeks! - that's a whole other blog!!)
  • Drink a HOT cup of tea...

Tea wins.. every time, and I'm sure there's a half eaten Easter egg to accompany.  Ohhh the height of sophistication!

Take care ladies (and gents!)

Will write again soon - if I don't get shot down in flames for this!


Claire xx




No comments:

Post a Comment